AMP-XCâ„¢ Enhanced Hi-Cal Lime
High Calcium Lime powered by AMP-XC™with Iron & Humic
High Calcium Lime powered by AMP-XC™ with Iron and Humic is a multicoated homogenous product formulated by TurfCare Supply. It is a combination of pelletized High Calcium Lime, AMP-XC, Humic and Iron (a combination of ferrous sulfate and EDTA), all of which are 100% soluble. This powerful combination of ingredients activates several beneficial biological and environmental responses in the plant and soil and greatly improves the health and lush green appearance of turf.
- Maintains a Balanced pH and Neutralizes Acidic Soils
- Amplifies the Uptake of Nutrients within the Soil
- Increases Moisture Storage
- Stimulates Root Growth Leading to Thicker and more Stable Turf
- Assists in Temperature and Drought Hardiness
- Apply Anytime, Strengthens Turf Against Environmental
- Stresses, Heat, Dry Weather and Foot Traffic
- Enhances the plants green color through increased photosynthesis and chlorophyll concentrations
- Acts as a natural chelator (which facilitates the uptake of trace minerals and prevents them from leaching out of the soil)
- Activates soil microorganisms which more efficiently breakdown organic matter
- Addition of organic matter to organically-deficient soils
- Greatly improves seed germination
- Improves utilization of calcium, magnesium, potassium and other cations difficult to consume from the soil
- Positively influences the function and physiological characteristics of a plant (ex: photosynthesis, respiration, plant nutrition, anti-stress physiology etc.)
- Improves shoot and blade production
- Quickly enriches the deep green color of grass
EXPLANATION OF PRODUCT INGREDIENTS
High Calcium Pelletized Limestone
High Calcium Pelletized Limestone provides an instant supply of calcium to the soil and plant and assists with maintaining and neutralizes acidic pH levels. As it relates specifically to a turf plant, calcium is important in cell division and membrane function. A deficiency in calcium results in poor root and shoots growth and a higher risk of developing moss, bare spots and certain weed species. The limestone used by Turf Care Supply and in this product has one of the highest calcium percentages of pelletized limestone on the market today.
AMP-XC™ is a powerful combination of metabolites and protein hydrolysates made up of essential amino acids, naturally sourced and combined at a specific ratio to ensure excellent nutrient uptake resulting in a healthier, stronger turf.
Primary & Secondary Metabolites
Primary Metabolites are a broad class of organic compounds that are essential for normal plant growth and development. From respiration and cell division to energy production and reproduction, primary metabolites drive the biochemistry of all living things. Secondary Metabolites are organic compounds that help plants cope with many biotic and abiotic stresses. These compounds increase an organism’s survivability by boosting disease resistance and discouraging herbivory (insect damage).
Protein Hydrolysates are chains of essential amino acids. Plants can metabolize protein hydrolysates to build new proteins. In turn, these proteins play a vital role in plant growth and development. Proteins are essential macromolecules that catalyze numerous biological processes. The amino acids that comprise protein hydrolysates are required at every stage of plant growth and development (ex: photosynthesis, respiration, nutrition acquisition/utilization, stress-tolerance mechanisms, etc.) Lush, green turf comes from foliar tissue packed with chlorophyll, pigmented molecules that allow the plant to convert sunlight into useful energy. Without an abundance of amino acids to build chlorophyll molecules, plants suffer from a condition called chlorosis, most commonly visualized by the yellowing of turf blades.
Humic substances are created by the microbial degradation of biomolecules (lipids, proteins, carbohydrates, lignin) dispersed in the environment after the death of living cells. Humic substances act as all-natural biostimulants; they have a “hormone-like effect” on plant growth and metabolism. In addition to playing other roles in plant nutrient uptake, humic substances have the remarkable ability to chelate (attach and hold) positively charged ions (Mg, Ca, Fe, and other “trace minerals” cations) in the soil. Humic substances then deliver these essential micronutrients to the plant by adsorbing (attaching) to the root hairs so that they may be transported into the plant for use. Humic substances help aerate compacted soils such as clay, allowing for enhanced water penetration and retention. Soils rich in humics promote vigorous root growth and development. Adding humic substances to sandy soils results in increased water retention and decreased nutrient leaching.
Chelated iron (EDTA iron) is a form of soluble iron that is readily available for absorption by plants. Iron is involved in the production of chlorophyll, a pigmented molecule inside the plant cell that makes a plant appear green. An abundance of iron results in a higher rate of chlorophyll production. Severe iron deficiencies in plants leads to chlorosis.