AMP-XCâ„˘ Enhanced Fertilizer
TCS GrowStar™ Professional Fertilizers powered by AMP-XC™
TCS GrowStar™ Professional Fertilizers powered by AMP-XC™ are a premium all-encompassing blend of nutrients, protein hydrolysates and humic acids. This revolutionary product line is designed to meet your turf’s nutritional needs and deliver that nutrition to root systems with maximum uptake efficiency. This powerful combination of ingredients activates several beneficial biological and environmental responses in the plant and soil, resulting in a thicker, hardier root system and a dense, lush green turf.
- Delivers nutrition to the root systems with maximum uptake efficiency (saving cost on nutrients required!)
- Activates biological and environmental responses in the plant and soil, resulting in a thicker, hardier root system and a dense, lush green turf
- Deepens the plant’s green color through increased chlorophyll concentration resulting in increased photosynthesis
- Enhances the uptake of nutrients (both micro and macro) within the soil
- Acts as a natural chelator (which facilitates the uptake of trace minerals and prevents them from leaching out of the root zone in the soil)
- Improves the sequestration of iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium and other cations difficult to procure from the soil
- Stimulates root growth (longer primary roots and more root hairs) leading to thicker, more stress-tolerant turf
- Activates soil microorganisms which more efficiently breakdown organic matter
- Supplements organic matter into organically-deficient soils
- Improves seed germination
- Improves heat and drought hardiness, as well as physical agitation stress (high foot traffic)
- Fortifies turf’s ability to survive prolonged winter dormancy
- Improves blade mass and vitality
How is This Product Line More Beneficial than Traditional Fertilizers?
Traditional fertilizers contain varying amounts of Nitrogen, Phosphorous and Potassium, 3 macronutrients essential for overall plant growth and health. Even when abundant in the soil, these nutrients are of no benefit until they are absorbed by the plant’s root system. Over time, many of these nutrients are lost to the environment due to nitrification, volatilization, and leaching. AMP-XC and Humic work together to increase overall root length and root hair density, significantly increasing the plant’s ability to access and transport more nutrients bound in the soil before they are lost. TCS GrowStar Professional Fertilizer powered by AMP-XC™ with Humic use macronutrients more efficiently by taking advantage of the plant’s naturally biochemistry. This results in a significant reduction in the amount of fertilizer needed, translating into a significant cost savings.
EXPLANATION OF PRODUCT INGREDIENTS
AMP-XC™ is a powerful combination of metabolites and protein hydrolysates made up of essential amino acids, naturally sourced and combined at a specific ratio to ensure excellent nutrient uptake resulting in a healthier, stronger turf.
Primary & Secondary Metabolites
Primary Metabolites are a broad class of organic compounds that are essential for normal plant growth and development. From respiration and cell division to energy production and reproduction, primary metabolites drive the biochemistry of all living things. Secondary Metabolites are organic compounds that help plants cope with many biotic and abiotic stresses. These compounds increase an organism’s survivability by boosting disease resistance and discouraging herbivory (insect damage).
Protein Hydrolysates are chains of essential amino acids. Plants can metabolize protein hydrolysates to build new proteins. In turn, these proteins play a vital role in plant growth and development. Proteins are essential macromolecules that catalyze numerous biological processes. The amino acids that comprise protein hydrolysates are required at every stage of plant growth and development (ex: photosynthesis, respiration, nutrition acquisition/utilization, stress-tolerance mechanisms, etc.) Lush, green turf comes from foliar tissue packed with chlorophyll, pigmented molecules that allow the plant to convert sunlight into useful energy. Without an abundance of amino acids to build chlorophyll molecules, plants suffer from a condition called chlorosis, most commonly visualized by the yellowing of turf blades.
Humic substances are created by the microbial degradation of biomolecules (lipids, proteins, carbohydrates, lignin) dispersed in the environment after the death of living cells. Humic substances act as all-natural biostimulants; they have a “hormone-like effect” on plant growth and metabolism. In addition to playing other roles in plant nutrient uptake, humic substances have the remarkable ability to chelate (attach and hold) positively charged ions (Mg, Ca, Fe, and other “trace minerals” cations) in the soil. Humic substances then deliver these essential micronutrients to the plant by adsorbing (attaching) to the root hairs so that they may be transported into the plant for use. Humic substances help aerate compacted soils such as clay, allowing for enhanced water penetration and retention. Soils rich in humics promote vigorous root growth and development. Adding humic substances to sandy soils results in increased water retention and decreased nutrient leaching.